Monday, July 7, 2008

Still on the NCAA '09 fence (and more football thoughts)

I am waiting to hear some impressions from someone who gets the PS3 retail version of NCAA Football '09 before the release date. I have read assurances that the PS3 version is identical to the 360 version, but the demos were not really close; the 360 version was much better. I have pre-ordered the PS3 version, but will be switching to the 360 unless I can get confirmation that the PS3 version is up to snuff. Decisions, decisions.

You can read early impressions on the 360 version at Bill Abner's website, The Nut And The Feisty Weasel. Don't be alarmed that Bill is a died-in-the-wool Buckeye's fan. At least it ain't Notre Dame.

Getting psyched as usual for the real football to begin. My beloved Wolverines are in rebuilding mode with a new coach and an entirely different offensive scheme, so it could be a lean year. I am thinking 7 or 8 wins. I do like the direction they are headed though. It was time for new blood and new leadership.

Mizzou has lots of promise this year and I will be following them closely as well, but I honestly think all the talk of an undefeated season is a bit much. I see them losing a couple games this year. Heck, the opener against Illinois should be a real dogfight. My wife and I are thinking about going to this one; it should be a helluva time at the dome.

As far as my St. Louis Rams are concerned, well, let's say I am eager to see what they have this year. I don't foresee more than 6-8 wins this season, but the offense should be exciting with new offensive coordinator Al Saunders, and I am really anxious to see what #1 pick Chris Long and #2 pick Donnie Avery bring to the table. I think Avery could surprise a lot of people, especially with Saunders calling the shots. Once again, the success (and health) of the offensive line will be the key.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I cheer for Illinois? Or can I sit with you ;) Barb

George Theofanopoulos said...

Jim, hopefully reviews come soon on both versions.