Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Little Buddy


My daughter Laurel has her first day of preschool tomorrow and I am a nervous wreck. I am positive that she is going to freak out once Barb and I try to leave after dropping her off. Worse, I am so worried some other kid is going to be mean to her. She has had very little opportunity to play with kids her own age (she prefers my daughter's teenage friends anyway) so I don't know how she is going to handle herself. I probably shouldn't be worried; she's an out-sized personality herself and chances are she'll be the one that needs to be kept in line. But I do worry and I don't want anyone to ever hurt her little feelings. I guess I need to get over that because it's gonna happen a lot in her life, but it's hard for me to accept right now. The thought of someone treating her badly really gets me upset. Hopefully tomorrow will be rougher on me than on her. I'll definitely post an update tomorrow.

I love you, Laurel!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Good luck to her and to you too

Jim Schmaltz said...

Thanks, buddy! Keep up the good work on your blog.