Friday, September 26, 2008

The Fall gaming blitz is here!


My goodness, what a huge number of grade-A game coming out this fall! Lego Batman came out this week, but I have resisted it because there are 4(!) games coming out in October that look like must-haves: FIFA Soccer '09 ships on October 14th. I love soccer, I love good soccer games and I love having tons of teams to play with, so FIFA 09 is a must-buy.

A week later 2 games are being released and both have must-buy written all over them as well. Fable 2 has been on my radar for a long time and I can't wait to check it out. Meanwhile, Far Cry 2, a game I knew little about, caught my attention today and it looks stellar. Check out some amazing videos right here. Notice the changes in weather and time. This game has catapulted itself into a must-have status. Plus if you pre-order at GameStop, you get upgraded to the limited edition version for free. Not bad!

Lastly, Fallout 3 comes out a week after Far Cry 2 and Fable 2. I am a huge fan of the Fallout series. This one is a new take, as it is a first-person RPG. But it's being made by the makers of Oblivion, so I have little doubt that it will kick butt as well. The few game play videos I have seen thus far have been a little underwhelming to me, so I plan on reading the reviews before making a purchase.

This is absolutely nuts. Fallout 3, Far Cry 2 and Fable 2 are all incredibly deep games that will supposedly take anywhere from 50-100 hours each to complete. When I think I will find the time is beyond me. And with FIFA, well, sports games are notorious time-suckers. Still, I have to have those games that are considered top-notch. It kills me to have games that everyone else loves go by the wayside. One of my lovely little "quirks" I guess. I wonder if my wife has the same opinion on that? I don't think I'll bother asking her...

2 comments:

Dave said...

For me, it's Fallout 3, FIFA, and Dead Space. I'll gamefly Fable. Then in November it's COD5, Gears of War 2, and others. It goes on and on.

Anonymous said...

Boys will be boys ;) nothing wrong with collecting the latest games...even though you have limited time to play- I wish we had more hours in the day for fun things like that! Sounds like the games are fun and getting good reviews! Happy gaming! Love, The Wife