Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fallout 3 & family stuff

I picked up Fallout 3 yesterday. I played for just over a half hour this morning to make sure the disc is okay. The game reminds me a lot of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and that's good news. I am hoping to get some more time in soon, but I am very deep into Fable 2 (great game) and still need to get into Far Cry 2. My gaming time is virtually nil lately, so this could be a long, drawn out affair. I will say that as of this moment, Fable 2 is my game of the year. Still lots to be played though before I make a final decision on that.

In other news, John is getting ready to make the move into his own bedroom and crib. It's gonna be a hard fought battle. Barb is going to really have a hard time with this. But we just ordered a new video baby monitor, so we'll still be able to keep an eye on him. John did manage to get up just once last night, which was fantastic. The night before he got up 5 times during the night. Barb and I are just zombies all day long because we are not getting any sort of consistent sleep. We went to bed at 8 PM last night. We're real party animals, huh?

That's all for now. Check out our good buddy Dave's site over at Dave's Not Here Man!!! He is doing a bang-up job on his blog.

Oh yeah, 5 more days until the election. THANK GOD!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The key is getting ready to move to the nursery- I did not say he was going for sure- yet ;) Love, The Wife

PS Election Day around the corner!

Happy Halloween- you will have to post the kiddos in their costumes!

Dave said...

Dude I know the "going to bed at 8pm thing" well. I do it and I don't even have a child, so at least you've got a reason. I picked up Fallout and then turned around and sold it on CL. I just didn't care that much for it, but I'm sure it's a fantastic game. Thanks for the shoutout on the blog. We need to get in some Fable and some FIFA in soon, and I'm glad to hear that John finally slept for you guys. Best wishes to you, Barb, and the kids.

George Theofanopoulos said...

Hang in there Jim, it is only a matter of time before John starts sleeping through the night. In less than 4 months, my sleepless nights are on the way. LOL!