Sunday, November 2, 2008

More Fable 2

I finished the main quest in Fable 2 last night. I still have lots of stuff I can do, but the main part of the game is over. The story was excellent and the gameplay matched it all the way. It's not perfect by any means, but it's very enjoyable and a breeze to get into. My character went the good route, so maybe later I will play through as an evil character; I never do that, so it may be fun to give it a go. I'd also like to get in some multiplayer, hopefully with my buddy Dave. That could be some real fun. Also I have lot of money that I can give Dave to give him a nice head start in the single player game.

Next up is Far Cry 2, I think. Between that and Fallout 3, I think I'd rather go with an action FPS than another RPG. Right now a simple shooter is a bit more appealing than another story-driven game like Fallout 3.

So far, I'd have to say Fable 2 is probably the best game I have played this year. Whether it can hold on to that title is something that remains to be seen. I probably will only play Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 for the rest of the year, besides the occasional sports game. MLB '08: The Show is still in the running for Game Of The Year too.

2 comments:

Dave said...

How is Far Cry 2? I'll go pick it up tomorrow on your say so. I enjoyed the first one immensely. We'll get some Fable in as well. Hopefully my work schedule is on the way back to being a bit more normal.

Jim Schmaltz said...

I have not played enough FC2 to make a recommendation. I have played maybe 5 minutes. I plan on changing that soon! Everything i hear about it is good though. Anxious to get into it.

You must be psyched with Gears 2 coming out soon! I know the first one is one of your faves. I enjoyed it too.

Love to hook up for some gaming. Let me know when a good time is. I got a whole lotta cash I can give you so you can start in a good position.