Friday, December 5, 2008

Fallout 3

Began this game last night and played it for a long while. Wholly crap, this game is immense. I am thinking it is going to dwarf Far Cry 2 in scope and that was a 70+ hour game for me. Honestly when I first started Fallout 3 and made it out of the vault, it was almost overwhelming. I hung in there and started to get a better handle on the game and so far it's very good. Combat is not as fun or satisfying as in Far Cry 2, but there's a big difference: FC2 is a 1st-person shooter and Fallout 3 is an RPG. Fallout 3 is much more concerned about how you build up your character. The VATS system in Fallout 3 works well; it lets you aim for specific body parts on a foe so you can approach combat in different ways. Sometimes it's better to go for a head shot, but other times you are better off aiming for one of the legs in order to cripple the enemy. You can also shoot the foe's weapon, though this renders it useless for you if you pick it up.

So far it's good stuff. I honestly don't know if I have the stamina to finish this game, especially so soon after FC2. But I am intrigued by the game and plan to keep playing.

No comments: