Friday, January 16, 2009

Rams coaching search update

NFL Network reports that Leslie Frazier is the likely pick. ESPN says it's Rex Ryan. Peter King says it's Steve Spagnuolo but that Jason Garrett was the leader a day or 2 ago. Now the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is saying that Jim Fassel is back in the running (NOOOOO!!!). Some are saying a coach will be named as early as today, other say the Rams will wait until after the weekend.

I don't know who to believe. I think they are all just guessing. It's a stellar list of candidates, or at least it was until Fassel was put back into the picture. I'd be very happy with Frazier, Spagnuolo or Ryan. I'd be okay with Garrett. I'd smack myself in the forehead if it turns out to be Fassel.

2 comments:

Dave said...

How do you feel about Gruden and is that even a shot?

Jim Schmaltz said...

Not a Gruden fan myself. I think the Rams are really happy with their 4 candidates, but a LOT of stuff is going on behind the scenes; it's bedlam here right now as from seemingly out of nowhere Jason Garrett has become the odds on favorite for the job. Crazy stuff.