Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Going retro?

I am jonesing for something new to play. I am still enjoying MLB: The Show very much and I am waiting for the latest DLC before starting back in on Fallout 3. I almost bought Resident Evil 5 last night, but there are a couple of other games coming out in May that I am interested in, so I decided to wait until then.

I have really been thinking about revisiting some Playstation 2 classics. God Of War, God Of War II (which I never finished), Shadow Of The Colossus (never finished) and Champions Of Norrath (which I started with my son but again, I didn't finish) are all sounding good right about now. I hope I can get past the PS2 graphics and give these games a whirl again. I am no graphics whore by any means, but it is hard to go back to last generation graphics when you are so thoroughly entrenched in the latest technology. At the very least, I'd love to finish GoW2. And re-teaming with my son in CoN sounds like a good time as well.

Games in May that I am curious about: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Battlestations: Pacific and Fuel.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I cannot recommend finishing up Shadows and God of War II enough. Both are classics and two of the few games I actually still own even after beating them. There's really nothing in May that I'm buying other than Infamous. It looks really good and I think it will Sony's sleeper hit. As I said before, rent both RE IV and Riddick. Both are great games but offered little to no replay value at least to me.

Jim Schmaltz said...

I got about halfway through each. I returned to Shadows a while back but the shimmering effect of the graphics really bothered me (I know; everybody else raves about the graphics and as a whole they are great, but the shimmering is a bit too much IMHO). The controls are a bit funky too, but the epic scale of the game was unmatched and I loved the Colossi.

Not sure which I will start on 1st, but I'll let you know.

Dave said...

Have you played thru Assasin's Creed and Mass Effect? I'm thinking about going to pick both of them up tonight.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Made it through Mass Effect and enjoyed the heck out of it. Great RPG with a fun combat system. Sequel is coming out and it will take your saved game data from your first game. Like an idiot, I deleted all of my save files. DOH!

Did not get far at all in Assassin's Creed. Just never got hooked, mostly because I had other games I wanted to play more at that time. I finally traded it in.