Friday, February 29, 2008

My allegiances






So since I love sports, I have my favorite teams, of course. And some that I don't like so much. So I figure I'll just spell them out right here and be done with it.

College Football: Michigan Wolverines and whoever is playing Notre Dame. My hatred for the Irish runs deep. I also pull for ol' Mizzou.

Pro Football: St. Louis Rams and whoever is playing the New England Patriots. Also not very fond of the Cowboys.

Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals. Though now that they employ more busted PED users than any other MLB club, they are getting a little hard to defend.

Hockey: The St. Louis Blues and the Ottawa Senators. I got into the Sens because a good buddy of mine (that I met a long, long time ago on a sports gaming website) resides there. It's absolutely beautiful up there and of course, like most Ottawa residents, he lives and dies with the Senators. He informs me that I must also hate the Maple Leafs since I like the Sens.

Soccer: In the EPL, I like Liverpool and Everton. Rivals, I know, but since I am a Yank, I don't know too much of the history between them. I also root for Celtic in the Scottish Premier League. I don't follow soccer too closely, but I do root for these teams, mostly because I played with them in the Winning Eleven and/or FIFA soccer games. Shallow, I know.

Anyone who wants to argue the merit of my selections...BRING IT ON!!!

4 comments:

Dave said...

I won't agree on the Cardinals, but as a Habs fan I will agree with you in your hatred of the Leafs.

Jim Schmaltz said...

That's right, you're a Cubbies fan, aren't you? Well, we should have some good game in The Show then!

Dave said...

Dude your picks for Soccer teams aren't shallow at all. I've learned more about Soccer from playing video games than watching it on television and I watch a lot of soccer. For goodness sakes, I picked Borussia Dortmund as a Bundesliga Team because I liked their uniforms when I was a kid. There's nothing more shallow than that :)

Jim Schmaltz said...

Well, the reason I like Liverpool is because I am a Beatles' fanatic. Top that! :-)