Thursday, February 28, 2008

End of an era: Rams cut Isaac Bruce

Well, Ike has been my favorite Rams' player since the team moved to St. Louis. Apparently he did not want to take a pay cut to stay with the team. No one in a Rams' uniform exhibited more class than Ike. Unfortunately, this is the real world where the salary cap makes teams do things we may not like. I think Isaac still had something left in the tank. He is almost certainly better than any other receiver on the team not named Torry Holt. I hope to one day see Mr. Bruce in the Hall Of Fame as a St. Louis Ram. Best of luck, wherever you may end up, Ike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bruce is a genuinely nice guy who did a lot for this community, but not because it was a tax write-off or to put on a show.

I always liked, too, that while he likes rap and hip-hop, he bought his CDs at Wal-Mart where the language was edited out. He stuck to his guns and never sold out. (Even though I think Wal-Mart suck!)
Lil Sis