Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gaming stuff

-Picked up Assassin's Creed 2 today and played it for about an hour. Seems very cool so far. I am a bit confused by the interface once the game is paused; I'll have to read the manual more closely. But the game play so far has been enjoyable. I never got very far into the first one, but I hear this one is much better.

-Downloaded the Sgt. Pepper album for Beatles: Rock Band. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I am looking forward to checking out some of the songs, especially A Day In The Life.

-Still enjoying NHL 10's GM mode. And looking forward to getting back into Borderlands at some point soon.

6 comments:

Dave said...

I think Andrew wants it, so I'm sure he'll get it for Christmas (but shh don't tell him). I'm debating another PS3 if I can find one for sub $200 to play Uncharted 2 and to play thru the new remastered God of Wars

Jim Schmaltz said...

The remastered GOW will probably be on my Christmas list. I never finished the 2nd one, loved the first one. Uncharted 2 is very cool. The new Ratchet & Clank has me curious as well. Lots of good stuff out there now and early 2010 looks great as well!

Dave said...

I got a PS3 slim with God of War, Uncharted 2, and NCAA Basketball 2010.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Sweet! Uncharted 2 kicks ass. I was pretty impressed with the demo for NCAA Basketball. Let me know what you think.

Dave said...

You're going to laugh Jim, but I haven't cracked the plastic on Uncharted 2 or NCAA2010 yet. I've been playing lots of God of War. Totally worth the $40 and you get the E3 demo of God Of War III to boot.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Nah, I totally understand. Once the bug bites for a certain game, it's hard to make time for others. And the GoW games are so damned good...

You need to check out Assassin's Creed 2. It's freaking awesome.