Saturday, November 14, 2009

Random stuff

-Finally got to go out and celebrate Barb's being finished with school. Had dinner tonight with Barb and a friend from nursing school and her sweetie. Had a nice time visiting with them and you could tell what a relief it is for classes to be over. Now they are trying to get through their 16 12-hour shifts at the hospital and then it's off to the real world.

-Happy Birthday to good friend Dave Roland! Hope you a really good one and many, many more to come, buddy!

-Michigan lost again today in what has become another lost season for the Wolverines. Ugh. But it's not all bad because Notre Dame lost again and even more calls will be coming for Charlie Weis's head. "Decided schematic advantage" my ass. It just doesn't pay to be an arrogant prick, Charlie.

-Gaming news:
  • Been playing a bit of FIFA 10, which is improved over last year's version but still needs some work. Fun game though and worth checking out.
  • Still working on my 2nd play through of Borderlands which is just ridiculously fun and addictive.
  • Still have not gone back to Dragon Age: Origins. Something just didn't click with me for that game. I will try picking it back up when I have a gaming lull.
  • Started a GM Mode career in NHL 10. I had been playing exclusively with the Be A Pro mode, which is great fun, but I thought I'd try running a team. So far my Blues are 2-1-2 and it has been a great struggle in each game, each one a nail biter.
  • The big game release this week was Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which I am not going to pick up. The first one was a great game, but just not something that kept me coming back for more, since it is really multiplayer centric. I hear that the sequel's single player campaign is even shorter. I am not much of a multiplayer gamer, so I will pass on this title. That will have to be taken into account when I do my end of the year awards.
  • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band will be released this coming week for The Beatles: Rock Band. Needless to say, I am in.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 comes out this week and I will more than likely be picking it up. The first one was neat but I didn't get very far into it. The sequel is supposed to be better in every way, so if the reviews are good I may pick it up.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Thank you my friend. I appreciate it. I'm so glad for you and Barb.

gtrshow said...

Interesting comments about Borderlands and FIFA. It has me intrigued about the former, and thinking about passing on the latter.

Speaking of NHL10, I've finally come to terms with it and am enjoying it for what it is, not disliking it for what I wish it was.

In other gaming news, I planned to finally revisit Bioshock yesterday, but it refused to load properly. Kinda sums up the weekend that was.