Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quick thoughts on Dragon Age: Origins

-Massive game. Massive, massive massive.

-Why the hell does a game like this, which has so much to learn and looks quite complicated, not come with an in-game tutorial for the first hour or so? Unbelievable.

-As a lot of people have said, the graphics are pretty underwhelming. But the voice acting is terrific, as is the music.

-The story so far is good, the are characters even better. As usual in RPGs, leveling up and deciding what skills/talents to choose next is half the fun.

It's been fun so far and I haven't even dug into the more complex stuff like combat tactics. I did get the strategy guide today (on sale from Amazon.com) so that should help quite a bit. After playing Borderlands so much, the combat is a bit underwhelming but that is because this game is a completely different animal; it relies more on strategy and the RPG aspects of each character. I am sure once I get more into the game the combat will became awesome in it's own unique way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess I know what you have been doing while I am working nights...lol!

Jim Schmaltz said...

Actually I have been spending time with FIFA 10 and Borderlands. I have been disappointed so far with Dragon Age.

Anonymous said...

I meant in general goof! It was my joke!!!