Sunday, June 8, 2008

Not much new


Today's picture is of my buddy (and oldest daughter) Jessica. She is quite the girl and we couldn't manage this household without her. And that's my strapping boy Zach in the background. Barb and I are truly blessed indeed.

John is continuing to grow at a terrific rate. The boy is quite the eater! His schedule is still all out of whack - he is most awake between 10PM and 4 AM - so Barb and I are running each day on very little sleep. Fortunately Barb's parents are here and we have been able to sleep in this weekend, which has been really nice.

The other kids are all doing great too. Jess has been a HUGE help around the house and with Laurel. Zach has been chipping in too. Laurel has been her usual mischievous self.

Barb has been holding up remarkably well. She has been a real rock and, as always, the family anchor. How she does it, I'll never know.

Not too much new on the gaming front. I am still trying to hunt down Wii Fit with no luck whatsoever. Why I didn't pre-order the it is completely beyond me. I am usually pretty good about that. I did pick up Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 for the PSP. I loved the original Open Tee so I am sure this one will keep me interested as well. I also ordered a couple copies for 2 of my buddies at work who are also Hot Shots addicts.

I am hearing some good things about NCAA Football 09. The NCAA series has been one of my must-haves for ages now. But I am hearing even better things about Madden 09. The Madden series has been a disappointment to me for quite a while. I prefer college football to pro (but I love 'em both), so I have always looked more forward to NCAA. But from what I have read and seen so far, this really looks to be Madden's year. I haven't bought Madden the last 2 years, but this one looks too good to pass up. Hopefully it will live up to the hype for once.

That's it for now. I hope to be blogging more frequently in the future.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you and the family.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Thanks pal. I am tickled pink that things are going so swimmingly for you, too; it shows that good things happen to good people.

Take care!

Dave said...

Yeah I've got some good stuff to tell you. give me a buzz when you get a chance.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Will do.