Sunday, November 23, 2008

A couple of things...

Michigan football just wrapped up the worst season in their considerable history. What a letdown it has been. I was very excited about the Rich Rodriguez hire and I still have high hopes, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shocked by the lack of competitiveness on the field week in and week out. The defense was supposed to be very good and the backbone of the team. It was horrific. Everyone knew that the offense would struggle with the new system but I was completely unprepared for just how horrible the QBs were. Neither Threet nor Sheridan look like they have any business throwing passes for a Division 1 program. Threet in particular was disappointing because he was supposed to be able to throw the ball well. Every deep ball had this weird loft to it as it sailed over the receiver's head or into an awaiting DBs arms. It simply looked like he had no clue on how to throw the ball. Unreal.

Next year will be better but it will also be a long way from a return to dominance. Rodriguez does have 2 freshman QBs coming in that supposedly can run his spread offense. But if he is given 3 years to make progress at Michigan before a decision is made on his future, that means that his fate will rest in the hands of 2 true sophomore QBs. Scary stuff indeed.

There are rumors flying all over the place that freshman HB Sam McGuffie wants to transfer to a school closer to his home in Texas. He was the lone bright spot I latched onto this season and now he may be gone. Thank goodness I didn't buy that jersey like I was planning on.

In other news, my wife picked up Left 4 Dead for me. What a woman!!! I have not played it yet and will probably hold off for a while, at least until I finish Far Cry 2, unless someone else I know picks it up and we can get some co-op going. Dave said he is likely going to pass, so I may have to look elsewhere.

That's all for tonight. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right- quite the woman! lol!

Dave said...

I got it. I discovered that it was longer than 2 hours so I buckled

Jim Schmaltz said...

Cool! We need to play this one together for sure!

Dave said...

Oh yeah sounds good to me. It seems that our nutty schedules make it near to impossible to play anything though.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Very true. I have worked 2 double shifts (16 hours) the last 2 days. I am sooo tired.