Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just voted

I just returned from casting my ballot. The line was out the door when I got there, but it only took 45 minutes total for me to vote and be on my way. Not bad at all. I get the feeling that voter turnout is going to be massive all around the country and that the polls will have to be kept open hours longer than normal. This means we may not know who is president until very late at night.

From what I hear, Virginia will be the first state that will give an indicator as to how the presidential election will go. If Obama wins Virginia, it will be nearly impossible for McCain to get enough electoral votes. If McCain wins Virginia he will still face an uphill battle but the path will be easier for him. The polls there are supposed to close at around 6 PM central time, but as I said earlier, I think they will have to be kept open later to accommodate the huge turnout.

If you have taken the time to educate yourself about the issues and where each man stands, please vote in the presidential election today. I don't care who you support, just get out there and make yourself part of the process.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Amen to that. It's the system our forefathers envisioned and if you don't take the time to vote, then I feel you're letting them down in a way. Do you not have early voting where you live?

Jim Schmaltz said...

Yeah we do, I just have never taken advantage of it. Silly, I know.

Dave said...

Some states still don't have it. I wasn't sure if Missouri did or not. I usually go the first day or two and I'm in and out in five minutes.