Friday, November 28, 2008

GOTY

My decision on Game Of The Year will be coming at around the end of the year, probably a little after. There are still a few games I have yet to play (Fallout 3 chief among them) and some supposedly great games I simply won't play for whatever reason (not my cup of tea, can't afford it, not enough time, etc). So I will be listing those games worthy of consideration that I didn't play as well. Right now there are 4 games being seriously considered: Fable 2, Far Cry 2, MLB '08: The Show and NHL '09. I still have Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead waiting to be played and I am expecting Little Big Planet to be a Christmas present since I have been a good boy. Hopefully I can put enough time in with those games to be able to get a complete read on them.

Last year's Game Of The Year for me was Bioshock. I still consider it one of the top 5 games I have ever played. And it had a lot of stiff competition, as 2007 was an unbelievably good year for gaming, especially in the fall and winter. 2008 is beginning to look a lot like that, with a lot of stellar games released late in the year. Look for updates for the games I play the rest of the year and a GOTY decision shortly after the beginning of 2009.

No comments: