Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Beatles: Rock Band - backup/harmony vocals

The Beatles were masters at creating beautiful harmonies and memorable background vocals. There are so many wonderful songs that showcase these talents that it is hard to narrow it down to 10 or so. Nevertheless, these are the ones I am most looking forward to in TB:RB. Again, I am not saying that all of these tracks will be in the game, just hoping that they will be.
  1. Help! - the really obvious choice among all Beatles songs
  2. You're Gonna Lose That Girl - this track is off of the Help album and is similar in it's background style
  3. This Boy - really lovely harmonizing in this track
  4. If I Fell - it really doesn't get any better than this; beautiful harmonies that may be difficult to replicate
  5. Here Comes The Sun - just a lovely tune with great, understated harmonies
  6. Because - this one may be a real killer to do, but the boys really nailed this Abbey Road track
  7. Here, There And Everywhere - delicate background vocals make the song come alive
  8. Yes It Is - one of the really underrated Beatles songs with harmonizing that is right up there with If I Fell
  9. Eight Days A Week - such a fun song, filled with great background singing
  10. Hey Jude - just for the coda alone, one of the most amazing moments in pop history
I could add plenty more, but I'll leave the list at 10. We are still nearly 3 months away from the release of the game and I am really jonesing for it. I have been listening to my (complete) Beatles collection on my iPod and singing along in the shower. A recent nasty cold has left my voice cracking even more than usual. I am going to pass out earplugs to the family when the game is released; it's the right thing to do.

Next up on my list will be either drums or bass. After I finish those, it's time to settle in and wait for the game's release. Until then Paul, John, George and Ringo will have to do the singing and playing for me.

No comments: