Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day pays off BIG TIME

Had a wonderful Fathers Day as my wife and kids made me a wonderful dinner (and dessert!) and then my folks came over for a nice visit. Each of the kids (except 1 year old John) had something really nice to say about me (thanks Barb). And then of course Barb gave me a wonderful card and made the whole evening very enjoyable for everyone. I really appreciate the effort that everyone put into making the day special.

Of course the creme de la creme came when Barb gave me a bag containing a very special gift. We had agreed not to give gifts this year, but Barb never listens (haha!). Inside the bag was a small coin purse that was in the likeness of a ladybug, a small rock from our front yard and a rubber band. Even I could figure out what that meant: Beatles: Rock Band! So my beloved wife and family have pre-ordered the entire Beatles: Rock Band set for me! I will be rocking on Paul's bass guitar, Ringo's drums and have a microphone and stand to sing (and I use that term loosely) along with my all time favorite music. I'll have to keep the windows closed in order to keep the neighborhood sane, but I am gonna get tons of love out of this game. I can't wait!

Thanks to my family. I love you all so much! Thanks for making my Fathers Day special. And Zach, the pork steaks were awesome!

3 comments:

Dave said...

great gift and a belated happy fathers day to you bro.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Thanks Dave. I've got it pretty damned good, don't I?

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do...lol! Remember that the next time we don't see eye to eye ;) I Love You!