Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cash For Clunkers has been good to us


Barb and I traded in our 1996 Jeep Cherokee (which had over 160,000 miles on it) in at the local Chrysler/Dodge dealership. Previously I had been told that the Jeep may only fetch $500 in trade-in value. With the Cash For Clunkers program, it's value for trade in was $4500. Chrysler then matches the amount the government pays, meaning we got $9000 in trade in value for our old Jeep. We used this to purchase a brand new Dodge Grand Caravan, which we have been wanting for a long time since we now have 6 in our family; no longer will we have to take 2 cars if we want to take the entire family somewhere.

Barb and I are both thrilled with the van. Now long trips won't be so bad (the van is equipped with a DVD player for the kids) and taking the whole family somewhere will no longer be such a pain. We are very thankful for the opportunity to get the van we have wanted so badly, even with Barb currently out of work. The program really worked for us and I hope it is working for others out there as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! I never thought of myself as a "gadget girl" but after playing with all the extras on my van...I think I am!!!! Thanks, Honey!!!!