Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My wife

Barb passed both of her finals today, much to her relief. I had complete faith in her, but Barb is a nervous sort and she was really worried after taking the 2nd one, which was in a class that she was doing fine in, but less than her usual standards. When she got her grades, she called me in absolute delirium. I have not hear her sound so happy or relived in quite a while. It was great to hear her voice like that again.

It must have been some sort of natural high and it must have been powerful. Why do I say that, you ask? Because Barb, my lovely wife, volunteered to go up to Best Buy and pick me up a new Xbox 360. She even went to all of the trouble of identifying it was the new "Jasper" model, which is supposedly more reliable than the older units. Now that is a kick-ass wife.

I know I am such a baby; all I had to do was wait 3 weeks or so and I will be getting my other Xbox back repaired. And it is an unnecessary expense that we really don't need right now. Obviously I am spoiled and this is a luxury purchase. But the new model was an Arcade unit, so it was relatively cheap and with my buddy Pete coming in from Ottawa in less than a couple weeks, we are probably going to be doing some gaming.

I have decided to just keep the repaired 360 when it arrives and keep it as a spare for my son and me. It's not like these things have the greatest reliability track record. GameStop was only offering $70 for a trade in, so it is not really worth it.

So here's to my wife for passing her toughest class. And here's to natural highs and the rewards they sometimes bring. Thanks, honey!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Please congratulate Barb on mine and Ashleys behalf. I'm glad you got a new 360 as well.