Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Madden Day! (and some Beatles Rock Band news too!)

Today is the official release day for Madden NFL 10. I will be picking up a copy for the 360. Everything I have read so far says that this is the best Madden yet for the current generation of consoles. It is supposed to play quite differently than NCAA Football, so I will have an adjustment period. But the good news it is also supposed to play better than NCAA Football, so I am really intrigued. I prefer the college game over the pros, but I love football in all shapes and sizes. It should be quite a challenge trying to build my Rams (who are properly rated as pathetic in Madden) back up to the top of the NFL heap.

In other awesome news, I read that 2 more full Beatles' albums will eventually be available for download for The Beatles: Rock Band. One of those is the iconic Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which is a great album but honestly not among my favorites. The other one however is Rubber Soul, which may very well be my favorite Beatles' album. It's a toss-up between Rubber Soul and Abbey Road, and of course Abbey Road has already been announced as the first available album for download. So my 2 favorite Beatles albums will be available for the game. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for more full length albums, particularly A Hard Day's Night and The White Album. I am thinking that an edited version of The White album may be what we end up with, which I understand; do we really need Revolution 9 on Rock Band? I think not. But I hope they don't get too crazy with what they cut, if that is indeed how they go about releasing the White Album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day for you!!!!