Friday, May 30, 2008

What I am playing 5/30/08

I just posted a short article over on GTSM about my late introduction to the Mario Kart series. You can find it here.

I have been playing a lot of Rock Band with my son Zach. He is a blast to play with, so we've killed many hours jamming away. We usually alternate between playing guitar and bass. I have ordered some drum pads for my RB drum set. These help soften the noise while actually banging on the drums, so we won't disturb the whole house. I love drumming so this will make it easier for everyone.

I am about 25% done with Grand Theft Auto IV. I absolutely love the game, but it's been hard to find time recently. I like to play it late at night after the kids are asleep so I don't warp their minds when they come downstairs earlier in the evening. Having a new baby at home cuts into my sleep so it's hard to stay up so late. But I am very interested in getting back to Niko and the gang and hope to do that halfway soon.

I still enjoy playing my career mode in MLB '08: The Show as well. But again, it's been hard to find the time to keep my career going steadily. It's such a great game that I think I will be revisiting it all summer long. Just maybe not as much as I'd like.

Tuesday sees the release of Lego Indiana Jones. I adored the Lego Star Wars series, and I much prefer the Indiana Jones movies over Star Wars, so this is a no-brainer for me. Luckily I have a Best Buy gift card saved up, so I will be picking it up next week. Zach and I played played through Lego Star Wars together and had a great time of it, so I am sure we will tackle Indiana Jones together as well.

That's all for now. For those interested, John is doing better each and every day, getting stronger and looking more like a full-term baby every time I look at him. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

No comments: