Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Borderlands impressions

Got a little playing time in yesterday with Borderlands. All I can say is that so far the game is an absolute blast. The RPG elements are pretty light, but they are there in that you can choose how to level up your character and decide which weapons to use. The looting is terrific: there are so many weapon possibilities in the game (over 17 million is what we are being told) that you never know what you are going to be finding next. The combat itself is fast and furious, but so far not too much so that it's just a twitch-fest; you have to use your brain as well.

I am sure multiplayer with friends (playing co-op) is an absolute hoot. I may try some of that out if any of my gaming buddies pick this one up. But for now the single player game will give me plenty to do and keep me on the edge of my seat. That's enough to make me very happy with my purchase.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you are happy- I am happy!

gtrshow said...

Did you get FIFA 10 as well? I'm planning to pick up a copy while we're in NH next weekend.

Jim Schmaltz said...

I got FIFA last week but have not even taken off the shrink wrap. I have been playing Borderlands non-stop.

Here is what I know about FIFA: from playing the demo, the controls are excellent, better than any FIFA before. That is what made me decide to get the game. I have been following many threads about the gameplay. Everyone seems to agree that the controls are first rate but many are think the AI is sub-par, that it doesn't resemble real soccer. This seems to be a sticking point only with the real purists. I think both you and I will still both enjoy the game.