Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My son Zach

My 18 year old son Zach is set to graduate from high school in December. He has big plans in that he wishes to pursue a degree in medicine. Paying for school was always going to be an issue for him/us. So Zach took a big step towards reaching his goal by registering for the United States Air Force last night.

It is, of course, a major, life-changing decision. And Barb and I could not be prouder of the decision he has made. He will begin school immediately as well as working in a job that will give him the real life experience he needs to get started. He knows it won't be easy, which makes me even more proud. He has a goal now that is attainable and has a real direction in life.

We are not sure when he will be leaving for basic training, possibly as early as February. All I know is that Barb, myself, Jessica, Laurel and John are going to miss him something terrible. I am really not sure how the younger two are going to take it. But Zach has decided that it is time for him to step out and do his own thing. We offer him all of our love and support and he will always have this place to call home.

Good luck, Zach. We love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is going to be a major life changing event for all of us! Very good posting, I could not have said it better myself! We love you, Zach!

Dave said...

Congrats to Zach. I always wanted to join the Air Force but the seizure I had with my brain tumor stopped that dream. Please thank him for me for giving his service to our country. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

gtrshow said...

This is just wonderful news! Our congrats to all of you, especially Zach.