Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gaming news

Big day today as Uncharted 2 is officially released. My copy will be arriving sometime later today. I am very psyched to get going with the further adventures of Nathan Drake, perhaps my favorite video game character ever. Everything I have read has been extremely positive and this game will clearly be in the running for Game Of The Year honors.

Another game that may be in the running is one that was completely under my radar until it was released to rave reviews last week, a PS3 action RPG called Demon's Souls. This is an old-school game that is becoming very well known for it's rather extreme difficulty. I have played for a bit and have had my share of frustrations, but honestly the game plays so well that it keeps you coming back for more. I have really gotten hooked on it and look forward to putting more time into it. It's very, very involved and quite a long game to boot and also has a unique multiplayer element that I may check out. We'll see.

No comments: