Saturday, October 17, 2009

Finished Uncharted 2

Finished it up last night. The game is epic, no doubt about it. Is it as good as the first one? Well, it's hard to say because there is a definite sense of been-there/done-that going on throughout, since the gameplay mechanics are for the most part unchanged. You can tell when you walk into an area that "OK, this is going to be a puzzle/exploring section or this is obviously going to be a massive gunfight." But I got through this game in a hurry because it was terrific fun and I wanted to know what was going to happen next.

The game is longer and the story is much more involved than the original Uncharted. The new characters are great and the older characters are as well, staying true to themselves from the original. The richness in these characters is honestly what sets this game apart for me, not that the gameplay itself isn't quite enjoyable as well. There are a few sections that I had to try over and over again because of repeated deaths, but I made it through with a minimum of frustration.

After finishing this game I popped Demon's Souls back in. While that game features stellar gameplay and graphics and all of that, it just can't hold a candle to the production qualities of Uncharted 2. U2 is really like a major blockbuster movie. And I mean that in a good way.

I'll be playing it again for sure. There are more treasures to find and I can now play with bonus modes such as unlimited ammo (which will come in handy!) and other goodies. I'm not much for multiplayer so I doubt I'll be doing much of that, but I may check it out.

Overall the game gets a solid A from me and is probably the leader for my GOTY honors. There are still some other contenders on the way, but Uncharted 2 will be hard to top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it so much!!!