Thursday, March 11, 2010

A little update

-I got my daughter Jess out for her first driving lesson today.  We went to a big parking lot and she learned the basics.  She did an excellent job with the steering, accelerating and braking.  I was really impressed with her confidence and her attitude.  Well done, Jess!!!

-Barb and I finished season 4 of Dexter last night so we are all caught up.  We are both still recovering from what was an absolute shocker of an ending.  Neither of us saw it coming and it really has stuck with us both all day.  Stunning is all I can say.  I'm still not sure if I am mad about it or not.  I guess the writers did their job well.

-God Or War III comes out next week.  I have it pre-ordered from Amazon (with free release date delivery) along with the strategy guide.  I got $10 off the game for having pre-ordered Bioshock 2 from Amazon earlier.  It's a great way to get your games and save money.  Now I am feverishly trying to finish God Of War II before GOWIII arrives.  God Of War II such an excellent game in it's own right, I am trying not to rush too much so that I can savor it's quality as well.  BTW, the reviews are coming in for GOWIII and as expected, they have been universal in their praise.

That's all for now.  Enjoying the heck out of my iPhone and playing Words With Friends.  I am down 2 games to none to Pete.  I have buzzard's luck against him, but he is an excellent player as well.  I'm not giving up, Pete!

3 comments:

Pete Anderson said...

That's a great shot of Jess behind the wheel. Hopefully the car wasn't in motion at the time, because her eyes are most definitely NOT on the road!!! Looks like she might be admiring those funky shades in the rear view.

Words With Friends is just too much fun, isn't it? I may be up 2 zot (is that a word?), but that's better luck than good management on my part. Game 3 has been an epic battle so far, sparked by a great comeback by you. I've had a game going with Joyce's daughter Shannon at the same time.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Trust me Pete, Jess was at a complete stop when I snapped that picture! She really did do a great job.

Words With Friends is great! I finally got you tonight in what will go down as one of the best games anyone has ever played. 329-322 was the final I think. The other 2 games you have blown me out. Trust me, you know how to play that game exceedingly well. It's a great challenge for me.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture of Jess! Pete- Glad you are giving Jim a run for his money with Words With Friends- because I am most definitely NOT....sure... on here I get the good letters...;)