Monday, March 29, 2010

Barb Kicks Ass

Barb kicked total ass this past weekend.  There's just no other way to say it.  She took the bull by the horns and decided it was time to get the basement completed the way we wanted it.  So she (with some help from Zach) got the new theater area painted, got everything moved, arranged, hung and accounted for and now the basement is fabulous.  The kids have the run of 70% of it.  It's a huge play area where they can do what they want, have tons of toys at their disposal and a TV and DVD player as well.  It's very kid-friendly, decorated very cutely and just perfect for what we need.

And the theater area turned out way better than I ever expected.  It's perfect for movies, sports, gaming or visiting with friends. Barb got all of my movie posters up and all of my gaming stuff stored neatly.  I got everything all hooked up and working so it's a go.  We could not have done all of this without Jessica either, so a big thanks to her as well.

But Barb was the worker.  She was the (wo)MAN.  She kicks ass!

3 comments:

Pete Anderson said...

Awesome! You can't stop Barb, you can only hope to contain her.

Now that the basement is set up, can surround sound be far behind?

Jim Schmaltz said...

(I changed the title to be more appropriate)
Not too far behind. Gonna save up a little bit...

Anonymous said...

So glad to have it done and the main floor put back together- took me longer than planned with this cold bringing me down! So now my little kids have an area to play and so does my "big" kid...and I would have it no other way! Love you!