Thursday, February 26, 2009

Computer (bullshit) update

My computer will not be ready until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest and I am beyond pissed off. First, this was not a complicated task. Replace the chipset fan. That's it. They called last night and told me I could pick it up soon. Then they called back to say that the fan they had didn't fit but they would have one that did this afternoon. I called them today and they said it would be ready in an hour. I went by to pick it up and of course there is a problem. It seems my video card is extra large and they cannot fit the replacement fan and large heatsink that they had ordered. Well, I could have told them that my video card was big and that it sits above the chipset fan. Amazingly, they took out my fan and didn't notice that size would be an issue until it was time to put the new fan in. IDIOTS! So not only will they not have a new fan in until Tuesday or Wednesday, but I couldn't take my PC back home and use it in the interem because the had completely removed the chipset fan. Before I could hear if the fan started failing and immediately shut down the PC with no harm done. That's out the window.

So for a simple fan replacement that should have taken 1 day I am now going to be without my computer for a week. I did pick a USB mouse to use on my wife's laptop so it's not such a pain in the ass to use. But all of my e-mails, bookmarks and info (including iTunes) is on my PC and I can't get to it. My daughter Jess just bought an new iPod Touch but she can't hook it up until I get my PC back. This is a real pisser.

No comments: