Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A very worthy music plug



If you are a fan of singer/songwriters, you owe it to yourself to check out Sarah Harmer. She released a CD back in 2000 called You Were Here. I listened to it constantly back then and I stumbled upon it again recently. It still packs a wallop. She has a tremendous voice and a real gift for melody. Many of the songs are just pure heartache and resonate for a good long time. Some of my faves from "You Were Here" include Basement Apt, Capsized, Lodestar, Don't Get Your Back Up, Uniform Grey and Coffee Stain. As you can see, I hard a hard time paring down the best tracks. The whole album is fantastic.

I just downloaded her followup, All Of Our Names, and it is terrific as well. I will be ordering the catalog of her old band, Weeping Tile as well. This is all great, great stuff that you probably would never have heard of anywhere else. I love discovering "new" music and I hope you do too.

You can see several of Sarah's music videos on Youtube, along with some live performances as well. Check her out!

No comments: