Monday, February 16, 2009

Nice deal

Well, I satisfied my gaming jones and got a pretty good deal in the process. Thanks to a nice gift card from work and trading in some older games I no longer play, I was able to pick up Soul Caliber IV (used) and a new Mad Catz Street Fighter IV controller, *plus* pay in full for Street Fighter IV (which comes out tomorrow morning) and MLB '09: The Show, which comes out the first week in March. Not bad if I do say so myself.

I went with the PS3 versions of SCIV and SFIV mainly because the Mad Catz controller is wireless on the PS3 and wired on the 360. My only concern about going with the PS3 is online lag. The Playstation Network has never been able to compare in my experience. But considering online play will take up about 5% of my total time with the games, it's not that big a deal.

Now if I can only find some time to actually play...

2 comments:

Dave said...

I wish I had time to play games too. I did pick up both Kingdom Hearts for PS2 as well as Heroes of the Pacific for PS2. Let me know how Streetfighter is. I'm just horrid at those games or I would have bought it as well.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Hey, I got Heroes Of The Pacific too and play it on the PS3. I have a hard time with the controls; I'd love to get a flight stick cause I love flying games and I don't do too well with the standard controller. Been thinking about getting Secret Weapons Over Normandy, too.