Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl review

Well, if you read my earlier post on the Super Bowl, you know I got exactly what I wished for; a good game by Kurt Warner and a last minute Steelers' win. But I couldn't help myself. Bill Bidwill aside, I was pulling for the Cardinals. When Fitzgerald scored that TD with just over 2 minutes remaining, it was euphoria at my house. My parents and some good friends of ours were over to watch the game and we were all pumped. Then came the Steelers drive and score, on that spectacular catch by MVP Santonio Holmes. The whole house deflated.

I hope Warner's performance was enough to put him over the top for the Hall Of Fame. His one interception was a huge, huge play in the game but he passed for over 370 yards and 3 TDs. He has played in 3 Super Bowls and has the top 3 passing games in Super Bowl history as far as yards. That's damned impressive. I know not a lot of his passes were long, but he had to thread the needle all night over the middle and he did just that. My hats off to him, and to the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Celebrate hard and safely, Steel City.

No comments: