Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fallout 3 - Operation: Anchorage

I finally got around to playing this add-on the other night. While it is very light on the RPG side of things, I still found myself enjoying it quite a bit. I am about halfway through and though it is a bit short, it was worth a purchase for me. It has certainly breathed new life into what was my Game Of The Year for 2008.

"Operation: Anchorage" is basically just a lot of combat with some new weapons. While I don't think these new weapons are any great shakes, just jumping back into combat mode was quite satisfying. This week sees more DLC for Fallout 3 in "The Pitt." It will be more like the main game in that it will have quests and allow the character to keep leveling up. This is good because I have been at the top level forever. Hopefully there is enough of a game to let me get my level up to 30, which is the new top. So far the previews for "The Pitt" look promising. I'll be sure to ge my impressions up as soon as I get some time with it.

No comments: