Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Some quick notes on MLB 09: The Show (PS3)

Got it last night and played about 20 Road To The Show (RTTS) games as a CF. Got drafted by the Braves. Yuck.

Overall impressions are great, but here's a few negatives I have seen so far at the AA level:

-Way too many AA pitchers have 5 quality pitches. Most guys at that level have 2 or 3 pitches they throw, not 5+.

-AI pitchers do not throw enough fastballs. I would guess so far they are throwing between 35-40% fastballs, which is ridiculous. Should be up around 60-70%.

-During batting practice, too many pitches are out of the strike zone, IMO. I can see 4-5 of the 20 pitches being balls, but I am getting 8-10 out of the strike zone each time out. I want to practice hitting, not watching balls go by. This is just my personal taste, however.

-Same stat bug as last year where on base percentage can be lower than batting average.

-When creating a player for RTTS, there are limits as to how many points you can assign to each attribute. For example, I could not get my player's power level above 25 against either righties or lefties. So I started out with basically no power whatsoever. That's weak. If I want to create an all-power, no contact or no fielding player, then I should be able to do so.

I do love that you can continually edit your player's appearance throughout RTTS.

BTW, my computer is still in the shop. GRRRRR!!!

No comments: