Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Pitt = bugfest

So I downloaded the demo early this morning and I was able to play around with it for about 45 minutes, which was hardly time to get anything accomplished. But it was plenty enough for me to see that Bethesda put this DLC out with some nasty glitches. During one part of the game, I was treated to the sight of huge red diamonds, some floating in the sky, some clipping into the ground, all adorned with exclamation points. Nice. I ignored that and went on to the slave camp (where most of The Pitt take place) and my 360 locked up. By then it was time to get ready for work. Now I read that Bethesda has taken The Pitt off of Xbox Live and are in the midst of repairing it. The Pitt was already pushed back a month from the initial released date, so this is quite disappointing to an awful lot of people.

The latest update from Bethesda reads as follows:

"Okay here’s the latest. Our team is doing some final checks late tonight and if everything looks okay, we are hopeful it will be back up and available tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your patience"

If this is true, it is very good news and I will give Bethesda some serious props for taking care of this so promptly. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: