Monday, December 21, 2009

A little gaming stuff

- I read somewhere recently (the new Game Informer, if I remember correctly) that a sequel to Bully is on the way.  This is excellent news; I actually enjoyed Bully more than the recent Grand Theft Auto games.  I'll definitely be looking forward to the sequel.

-I picked up Rock Band 2 for 20 bucks and installed it last night and played around with it a bit.  It's a lot of fun, though I prefer the setup of The Beatles: Rock Band.  For one thing, when singing and playing guitar at the same time, you get penalized for not doing the hand claps that are part of the singer's bit; hard to clap hands when you are also playing the guitar.  I also hate having to unlock the majority of songs (I actually forgot that I would have to do this) especially when you have to play certain songs repeatedly in different set lists.  I did manage to unlock Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" which has some great guitar bits by my favorite guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham.  I can play the solos on Hard, but can't come close to playing the verses or choruses that way.  Medium is still the way to go for me on guitar.  I usually play guitar on Medium and sing on Expert.  And on drums I still have to play on Easy.  I am sure I could make the leap to Medium, but I don't feel like putting in the time to practice.
   I exported my songs from the original Rock Band into my RB2 save file so I don't have to change discs when i feel like playing RB1 songs.  That's a nice feature.  I also downloaded a couple more songs last night ("Don't Stop" and "World Turning" by Fleetwood Mac for me and "Rock Me" by Liz Phair for Barb).  There is a lot of tempting stuff out there to download, that's for sure.  Still, I wish there was more that appealed to me.  The newer stuff is okay but I am not into metal, which is a large part of what is out there.  I am looking at some of The Who stuff and some Foo Fighters in the future.

2 comments:

Pete Anderson said...

I forgot all about Bully. I remember you raving about it while we were there.

Goodness knows, RB2 has sucked mucho $ out of my wallet. We have a pretty nice little library now. The Talking Heads pack is definitely worth a look.

Jim Schmaltz said...

I will definitely be getting "And She Was." Not so sure about the other TH stuff. I wish it was all the Stop Making Sense versions...