Thursday, December 24, 2009

On December 25th, I always like to celebrate by saying...

Happy Birthday Pete!*

Barb, the kids and I wish you a very happy birthday and a very merry Christmas.  We hope to see you and The Lovely Joyce(tm) sometime in the new year!



*For those that aren't in the know, Pete actually was born in a manger on December 25th, unlike that Jesus character, who was apparently born sometime in May.  But in a manger.  Jesus, I mean, not Pete.  I really don't know if Pete was born in a manger or not.  I just always assumed his "condition" was caused by being kicked in the head by a donkey at birth, so the manger thing just kind of grew out of that.  But I digress.  Happy Birthday, buddy!!!  And Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone else out there!

1 comment:

Pete Anderson said...

Thanks guys! Jim, you're close on the story. I was indeed born in a manger which, here in Quebec, is French for restaurant. That may explain why I showed up just in time for Christmas dinner (my first ever plate of poutine). Note sure about the donkey, but you may be on to something there. Mules were a primary source of transportation in those days, second only to snowshoes. As an aside, motorized transport didn't arrive in Canada until well into the '70's and, even then, only in Toronto (those little mopeds like we rode in Bangkok). In any case, I'll get the full story from my Mom when I see her today, and report back.

Merry Christmas to all of you!