Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to Fallout 3

With a whole lot of games demanding my playing time (NHL 10, IL-2 Sturmovik and of course The Beatles: Rock Band), what have a I been spending time with lately? My 2008 Game Of The Year winner Fallout 3. I had downloaded a bunch of the extra content and even finished some of it a long time ago, but when the Broken Steel add-on was released, it allowed you to advance 10 more levels, (geek speak alert!!!) from the previous maximum of 20 to 30. So I reloaded a previously saved game from before I had finished any of the DLC and started the add-ons all over again.

Even though, as mentioned, this was my 2008 GOTY, I forgot just how tremendous a game Fallout 3 is. The add-ons that I have completed - Point Lookout, The Pitt and Operation Alaska - are all grade A levels and add a lot of depth to an already massive game. I still have yet to begin the actual Broken Steel DLC, but it is coming up soon.

It has been a real pleasure to dig back into Fallout 3. According to my game saves, I have logged over 115 hours with this game. And I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Now THAT is value. If you like RPGs, epic adventures or just flat out excellent games, you owe it to yourself to check out Fallout 3. Take my word for it, you won't be sorry.

No comments: