Friday, September 4, 2009

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey released today after all

GameStop was still confused on the actual release date for the game but decided that it was okay to sell it. They only got 2 copies in, 1 for the 360 and one for the PS3. I got the 360 version and my buddy Pete promptly snapped up the PS3 version. He's not really into flight games but he was mighty impressed by the demo. I installed the game to my hard drive buy have not had a chance to play it yet - we played Rock Band with our visitors and had a blast. Pete really dug playing the drums but he struggled with the guitar; ironic, since he is a fine player on the real thing. I think he and Joyce will definitely be picking up Rock Band in the near future.

3 comments:

gtrshow said...

Yep, Rock Band is definitely in our future - probably under the Christmas tree. Joyce singing NIN was worth the price of admission!

gtrshow said...

Liking this game...a lot! This coming from someone who has never gotten along with a flight game before.

Jim Schmaltz said...

I played it for a little while last night. Very fun and easy to pick up and play. Great graphics to boot. Thumbs up from me!