Sunday, September 13, 2009

God comes through for me!

Michigan 38, Notre Dame 34. Epic game. I watched it on replay when I got home from work. Besides the obvious fact that Michigan won, the best thing about the game is that Notre Dame coach Charlie "We'll have a decided schematic advantage" Weis blew the game late in the 4th quarter with horrible play calling. Words of advice, Charlie: when you are winning with 2 minutes left to play, you have the ball, it's 2nd down and your opponent has 2 timeouts left, it's probably not the right time to dial up a deep pass down the sideline. If it falls incomplete, which it did, the clock stops. Then on 3rd down, with the clock stopped because of your previously stupid (read: arrogant) call, you really shouldn't pass again because when it is incomplete (again) you have just saved your opponent both of their timeouts and plenty of time is still left on the clock. Michigan scored the winning TD with 11 seconds left to play. I wonder if you had run the ball twice instead of passing it, do you think it may have eaten up 11 seconds? Hmmm? If not, what about the timeouts? Think those would have had to have been spent? Then Michigan couldn't have stopped the clock on their last drive and scored the winning TD. I hope this is finally the nail in your coffin at Notre Dame, you arrogant, overhyped canker sore. Charlie Weis, ladies and gentlemen, the only person in history to have gastric bypass surgery and gain weight.

Sorry, that was mean-spirited. I just cannot stand arrogance. Anyway, I want to thank God for giving me such a nice gift today. I really do appreciate it. Now if only He/She/It can come through again by helping my Rams win the season opener against the Seahawks tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Rams- but God was busy ;)