Monday, March 3, 2008

Gaming update

Been having lot of fun with Rock Band lately. My boy Zach likes to play guitar while I take care of the drumming. I love playing the drums but I can only handle the Easy level. Weak, I know. Still, it's a blast. My friend Pete came over on Saturday night with his wife and 8 year old daughter Claire. While we couldn't get Kim or my wife Barb involved, Zach and Pete traded off on guitar, I played drums and Claire handled the singing. She did a great job; she is familiar with a lot of songs by The Police since her dad's such a big fan, so she nailed those. She also had a lot of fun with "Roam" and "I Think I'm Paranoid." Rock Band is so cool. I don't play as much as I'd like because most of my gaming time is late night, and since my daughter Jess has her bedroom in the basement where my consoles and TV are, I can't exactly be pounding on the drums like a maniac.

The other gaming news is that MLB '08: The Show is coming out this week. I'll be picking it up on Wednesday most likely. Those who snagged early copies say that it is phenomenal. I'm not as stoked as I usually am when a big game are released; I can't really say why. Maybe it's because it's so hard to find the time to play games anymore. But I'm definitely looking forward to hooking up with Dave for some games. It'll be Cards vs. Cubbies, I imagine!

Bully: Scholarship Edition
is also being released on Xbox 360 this week and I might pick that one up as well. I didn't play the original on PS2, so I am looking forward to it. It's a long game so should keep me occupied for a while.

That's all for now...

No comments: