Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nasty weather

We're having quite a snow and ice storm here. My kids are off from school and that takes a load off my mind. Barb is still at work, though her nursing school classes today have been canceled. That's a good thing, because she has quite a drive to get to her school. I am hoping she gets off early from work and comes home soon. I am working tonight and will definitely make it in, as work is only a couple of miles from my house. I get the feeling that I may have to work a double shift tonight; someone will probably call off because of the weather. While working a double can be a real drag, the overtime money would definitely come in handy.

Of course with the bad weather I will not be venturing out to any stores today to pick up MLB '08: The Show and Bully. It's just not worth the risk of possibly having an accident. In my younger days, I would have braved this weather and gone. I'm a little more sane now. Anyway, no sweat, they'll be there later in the week. I am hearing about some pretty puzzling bugs in The Show, so that has dampened my enthusiasm a bit. I'll be posting impressions of both games after I have played them a bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can pick up your games on my way home if you would like! Let me know! Can I write "Love you" on here? Barb

Jim Schmaltz said...

You can write whatever you want, Honey. Love you, too. Be careful coming home.

Dave said...

You've got a heck of a wife there Quint. You're a lucky dude. Hope you get off sometime in the next few hours bro and be careful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave..I try! I don't understand the whole gaming thing- but hubby enjoys it. However, I do like the new Wii alot- and could probably get in the habit of playing that way to much....He did not want me to stop and pick the games up yesterday but he is picking them up today- I hear you guys are on for playing tonight when he gets home from work! Have fun- I am hoping to be asleep at that time of night :) Barb