Saturday, March 1, 2008

Big night for a big girl


Yesterday evening I put together a bunk bed for Laurel, my 3 year old. It was quite the pain in the neck because I couldn't use my cordless drill for all of the screws; the drill was too big to fit into the tight spaces. So after putting in approximately 647 screws by hand, it was ready to go. Of course during the construction of the bed, I had to fend off wave after wave of Laurel attacks, as she wanted to be in the room, help me and constantly ask "Can I get on the bed now? How about now?!" So it fell upon my wife (Barb) and 14 year old daughter (Jessica) to help keep Laurel at bay. My 16 year old, Zach, gave me a hand with the bed and was a big help.

Laurel was so excited about her new bed that she wanted to go to sleep as soon as we were done. That's very unusual. So Jess and I snapped a few photos before she climbed in and then Barb and I read her a story. She slept through the night and when she woke up this morning, she declared her new bed the "best ever!" She is so proud of her new big girl room and bed. Sometimes it's the simple things that make life so wonderful.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Quint she's a real cutie man. You should have checked her temperature. I've never seen a kid so anxious to go to bed.

Jim Schmaltz said...

Thanks, Dave. She is my buddy, always wants to be by my side. I have truly been blessed.