Friday, April 25, 2008

Draft tidbits

Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that although LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey is the #1 rated player on the Rams board and has been the odds-on favorite to be the Rams' pick, there is growing momentum within the organization to go with DE Chris Long. The article is here.
Although I would be fine with either player, I have been leaning towards Dorsey as of late. I do think he's the best player in the draft and will likely have a bigger impact than Long will. Long fills more of an immediate need for the Rams, but Dorsey could make the interior defensive line something really special. Teams would be hard pressed to run to the inside on the Rams if Dorsey is anchoring the middle.

In other news, it looks like I may in fact have the NFL Network in time for the draft! I have had Charter Cable for ages, but earlier this month one of their employees apparently made a clerical error when reporting a cable box as being stolen or lost. It looks like they made a mistake (probably just one number mistyped) and entered our box's number. That in turn led them to shut off our digital cable without a moments notice. I called and asked it to be turned back on, but they wanted me to run the box out to one of their outlets so they could verify the number. I said that I wasn't going to do that, as it was their mistake. They then offered to send someone out to verify the number, but not at any convenience to us. So my wife called up Dish Network and they are coming out today to install a satellite dish for us. This whole turn of events is great, because Charter did not carry the NFL Network, but Dish Network does. If they get it hooked up today then I will be able to watch the NFL Network's in-depth draft coverage and won't have to rely on ESPN's less-than-stellar coverage. Having the choice of watching the draft without ESPN goofball Chris Berman is just too good to be true. Let's just hope the install goes okay.

Also I want to remind everyone that I am planning on having a running blog of the first round of the draft tomorrow. I will also do a bit on the 2nd round, especially when the Rams pick. Stop by if you get a chance!

No comments: