Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A little late to the revolution

I finally joined the 21st century by getting my 1st iPod. My kids have had theirs for quite a while and when Barb asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I thought maybe I should get one too. Being a music fanatic it makes perfect sense. Up until now I have always put MP3 files onto CDs and played them on either my car stereo or my boom box, both of which support the MP3 CD format. It's been a great ride, as I could always put an entire artist's catalog onto a single disc. But when Zach and I went to get a replacement for his broken iPod (grrrr!), he ended up getting the 80 gig iPod classic, and I thought, "Hey, that would fit my needs really well by holding a ton of music." So I got the IPod classic too, but in silver as opposed to the black one that Zach has. It is charging as I type and I am anxious to try it once it's ready to go. I am going to have to figure out how to organize with folders and all of that because I will want to have separate folders for each artist and categorize those by genre as well. I'm a little anal that way.

I already made my first mistake. I wanted to have a nice leather case for it, one that would clip on my belt so I could listen to music when I went for a walk or something. I debated between 2 of them and when I got home I realized the one I had chosen does not have a screen protector on it; there is a window for the screen but no clear covering. I definitely want my screen to be safe from scratches and such, so I'll be returning this one soon. I picked up a car kit as well, so that I can listen to the iPod through my car radio as I drive around town. It comes with a wall outlet charger as well, so that's cool.

Thanks for the great present, Barb! Hopefully I can figure this thing out before too long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are more than welcome- I hope you enjoy it for years to come! I Love You and Happy early Birthday! Barb