Wednesday, April 30, 2008

GTA IV

When the biggest game of the year comes out, I usually check it out. That's what happened today when Grand Theft Auto IV hit the shelves. I put about 4 hours into it and it is damn good. The story is great, the characters memorable and the missions so far have been varied. I ended up going with the 360 version because it will have exclusive downloadable content and also because XBox Live is so much better than the rival Playstation Network. I am anxious to get back to it, but it will probably be a little while. It is absolutely for mature gamers only. The language itself is off the charts, not to mention the violence, so wait until the little ones hit the sack before you fire this puppy up. Overall it's just an extremely well-made game. Personally I kinda miss the lighter atmosphere of Bully, but that's probably just me. Anyway, big thumbs up for GTA IV.

To read some more about the game, head over to GTSM where Scott Burress has posted some nice impressions. I'll be posting some more impressions myself as I (slowly) make my way through the game.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I'm still debating picking this up, but I'm not sure I'd play it.

George Theofanopoulos said...

This is an excellent game Jim, I am glad I bought it and have had a blast with it.