Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Made it, Ma! Top of the world!

After a year and a half in the minor leagues, I got the call today and am now the starting shortstop for the St. Louis Cardinals. Of course I am talking about the Road To The Show mode in MLB '08: The Show. My first game was an interleague contest against the Blue Jays at Busch Stadium. I ended up going 2 for 4 with a stolen base. In my 2nd game I homered to left center field. I have been up for a week now and am having good success at the plate and in the field. RTTS is such a cool game mode. I actually felt a sense of accomplishment and pride when I got called up to the big leagues. And to suddenly go from seeing minor league pitchers to facing the likes of Roy Halladay and Johan Santana (somehow back on the Twins) is a real wakeup call. I'll be playing The Show for a long while.

In unrelated but terrific news, my good friend Dave reports that his dad not only came through surgery with flying colors, but is already back home. Furthermore, it appears as though the tumor that was removed was benign. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is indeed the case. Dave and I are planning on some Hot Shots Golf tonight, so that should be a good time.

My beloved Barb has been struggling with the pregnancy. Her back is really hurting and after a thorough going-over, the doctor says there is not much we can do but wait for the baby to arrive. That's not such good news. The back pain is enough, but it also prevents Barb from getting much sleep. We still have another 66 days to go, so I am just hoping she gets some relief soon. I already told he that she cannot go into the hospital the weekend of April 26th and 27th. That's the NFL draft. Oh, and her birthday is the 27th as well. I better keep that in mind, too.

Damn, this blog needs smiley faces. Hang in there, Sweetheart!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats on the call up man! and thanks for the kind words as usual. Tell Mrs. Quint to hang in there as she's got several people praying and keeping good thoughts in Knoxville, TN.

Anonymous said...

Good post Quint.. I'm stuck at AA as the bench player, only now getting some PT due to injuries.
Hope your wife feels better. Some people saying prayers and thoughs up in NY too!

Nyisles16

Jim Schmaltz said...

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate it. We gotta golf again soon. I really enjoyed it.