Monday, April 21, 2008

Patched: MLB '08: The Show

Sony has put out a patch that fixes some issues with The Show. Outfielder speed has supposedly been adjusted (down, I hope), along with pitcher fatigue and online performance. I played Dave360 online last night and while the lag was noticeably better, it was still there enough to hamper gameplay. Dave suggested we play a game using the classic pitching mode rather than the meter method, and it did help some. We had a good time (and I finally got my Bluetooth headset working), but it doesn't come close to the smoothness of the offline mode. I hope Sony continues to tweak the online performance. The PS3 is my favorite console right now. It's amazingly well built, has great performance and is a lot quieter than my 360. That said, I might still go with the 360 for sports games that I plan on playing online, such as NCAA '09. Right now XBox Live is just head and shoulders above the performance of the Playstation Network.

By the way, I finally beat Dave, 7-1, Cards over Cubs. Pujols and Glaus went deep. If only Glaus could get going in real life. I think he misses his steroids...

No comments: